Thursday, August 07, 2008

Oh, were you wondering about my knitting?

Probably not, but this is, by subtitle anyway, a knitting blog.  And I have been knitting, in the evening hours, when work on the house has stopped.  Here are my current projects.

A baby hat of my own design, knitted from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan, which will never, ever, happen again.  The stuff is a nightmare to knit, even if the end result is kind of cute.  The baby is due in September, but no one told him, because he arrived yesterday.  Luckily, my knitting is already done.  Hah!

Knit and Tonic's Tender Blankie, knit from Blue Sky Organic Cotton.  The stuff if hell on my hands and shoulder, but it's lovely soft.  This baby (my sweetie's second nephew, which I guess makes him my second nephew.  Hmmmmmm) is due in October, so I have a bit of lead time.  I hope!

And, finally, Manon:

Knit from WEBS Valleys Yarns Sugarloaf, in a slightly more deep raspberry color than the picture shows.  Yes, this is my fourth Norah Gaughan.  I freely admit my addiction.  I will not seek help; you can't make me.

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a lovely colour! And the blankie does look soft