Saturday, August 02, 2008

Team Destruction

So, we are rewiring the house.  Or rather, we are having the house rewired.  We've owned the house about six weeks, and we're going about systematically destroying it.  First, we cut out a cabinet in the kitchen to fit in our new fridge.  We love the fridge, it was totally worth it, but we had to destroy the cabinet to get it in.

Now, for the rewire.  The house is from 1952, and it has 1950s wiring.  None of the outlets are grounded.  In many of the rooms, the outlets only have two prongs.  In the living/dining room, the outlets have three prongs, but they are merely cosmetic.  The outlets are not grounded.  So, since we're not living in the house, we decided to get the rewire done now.  But the electricians need access to the insides of the walls.  They apparently can go through the attic and through the basement ceiling, and claim they can do the whole house with minimal damage to the walls.

Only problem: we have a finished basement.

Maybe I should say we had a finished basement.  Can I wield a crowbar or what?

Here's my sweetie in the garage, brand new reciprocating saw in hand:
 
I believe we now own six saws.  Six.  The destructive possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

Squirrelette said...

Awww...I miss ya. (And I grieve for your formerly finished basement.)

You make me laugh dementedly, between your gleeful, Tim Allen-esque delight in destruction, and the masochistic malted ice cream recipe.

I MISS YOU!

(And your sweetie looks scary in his power saw getup!)