Friday, July 24, 2009

Random blog post

I'm awake when I want to be asleep. Must learn to control rage.

This is not what I am angry about, but I thought I'd ask: does anyone think those Prius commercials, the ones where people take the place of nature, are kind of disturbing? They remind me of that old Star Trek episode where Kirk is trapped on a model of the Enterprise with a woman who wants to catch germs from him so she can infect her planet and let some people die. At some point you get a glimpse out the window and the people, dressed in tight bodysuits, are packed in cheek by jowl with this kind of soulless misery on their faces. That's what I think of when I see the Prius commercials: not harmony between man, machine and nature, or whatever it is they're spouting, but nature so completely overrun by people that there is no nature left.

Not exactly the message a commercial for a hybrid car is supposed to be giving me, I suspect.

1 comment:

Squirrelette said...

Actually it reminds me of that flat screen TV commercial with the people running around, dressed as pixels...I think it's an ad for a flatscreen but I can't find it.

I DID find this goofy (2:59!) Ukranian commercial of human pixel art...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6KaBo8wiY

Busby Berkeley would be proud!