Friday, January 19, 2007

I can knit in the dark

My friend Brian has sent me a pair of these.

They are knitting needles, size 10.5, with lighted tips for knitting in dim light. They're hilarious. when I called him to thank him, he related the following story:

I was walking down the street and passed by a store and there were two women in the window knitting with them, so I decided I had to buy them for you.

I went in [I ask, "Was it a yarn store?"] -- yes, it was a yarn store -- and said I wanted to buy a pair for my friend who was a knitter.

She asked me, "What gauge does she knit at?"

I said, "Um, I don't know....."

She said, "Well, what does she like to knit?"

I said, "Ummm...she knit me a scarf, once...." [this was the scarf I knitted in grad school, fifteen years ago, the very first thing I ever knit]

She rolled her eyes, and sighed very loudly. I said, "I am just going to choose them by the color I like, and you can tell me if it's an unreasonable size."

And that's what he did. They're a nice purple. Isn't he sweet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Determing the best fleece protector to your outdoor wants is not hard [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#500]north face jackets on sale[/URL] you contemplate in which any North Encounter womens fleece jacket is designed along with examined to satisfy the demands of one's wonderful outside.The North Face Base Camp messenger bag comes in the only two measurements you'd need, smaller and huge. When you are looking for a secure messenger bag that could [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#1099]north face denali sale[/URL] a lot of abuse as well as pack lots of things then you've got identified the proper bag.