I'm not joking.
So, I decided I better make a list of good things about this pregnancy, just as a reminder. In no particular order, consider this my List of Reasons Not to Be Mad at the Baby:
- I threw up only once in the entire nine months, and I believe that was actually food-related, not pregnancy-related.
- I have had various aches and pains, but no excruciating constant back, hip or leg pain.
- I have not been confined to bed rest for any period of time.
- My hands and feet have swollen, but not to the point where I can't wear my shoes or have debilitating carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Though I get up during the night four or five times, generally I do not have trouble getting back to sleep.
- I don't have gestational diabetes, despite having eaten (and continuing to eat) way more sweets than is good for me.
- Despite being really old (39), I had no trouble getting pregnant, and the pregnancy has been pretty complication-free (one trip to the emergency room notwithstanding).
- I do not have any stretch marks (knock wood).
- My belly button is still an innie.
- The baby has been really good: he moves around, he looks healthy, he grows predictably, and he has generally never given me reason to worry. Even the trip to emergency room was about me; once we got a look at him, it was clear he continued to be happy as a clam. So happy, I guess, that he sees no reason to change things.